Nike Basketball Unveils 2018 NBA All-Star Collection
Nike Basketball has today unveiled their 2018 All-Star collection, which will be available on nike.com and at select retailers beginning February 15th. In addition to All-Star sneakers for LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and Paul George, Nike will also release a couple collaborative projects including a new KITH x LeBron 15 and an Undefeated x Kobe Protro.
RELATED: Kevin Garnett Returns To AND1 As Creative Director
With the All-Star game taking place in Los Angeles, Nike's special edition shoes for Kyrie, KD and PG draw on inspiration from the communities in and around the City Angels. All three All-Star game sneakers feature a heat-activated Swoosh that changes colors to reveal iconic Southern California landmarks.
KYRIE 4 “ASW”
Taking inspiration from Venice, the Kyrie 4 “ASW” features a tie-dye graphic print that captures the culture the city. The light blue outsole represents the ocean and pink sockliners features a custom graphic the city and the well-known Venice sign at the corner Pacific and Windward Avenues. $120.
Taking inspiration from Santa Monica, the KDX “ASW” features a multi-colored knitted upper that highlights the array colors at sunset on Santa Monica Pier. The insole contains a custom Santa Monica graphic, with the marble-patterned outsole completing the design. $150.
Taking inspiration from Palmdale, Paul George’s hometown, the colors the PG2 “ASW” represent the various aspects the Inland Empire. The gray represents the desert and dust Palmdale, while the orange is meant to highlight the sunset on the horizon. The pop green is a nod to the nature around this area. Lastly, the sock liner features a custom graphic Palmdale, and a grit out and midsole highlights the terrain Palmdale. $110.
The LeBron 15, which we previewed yesterday, draws on inspiration from Hollywood's Walk Fame. You can check out that sneaker here.
Additionally, the following sneakers are also included in Nike Basketball's All-Star collection.
KOBE PROTRO X UNDEFEATED
Back in ’06, Kobe Bryant dropped 81 points against Toronto wearing his first signature Nike shoe. The Kobe I Protro revisits that design, bringing new innovation into the equation. For this first release, Nike has partnered with Undefeated to reimagine the Protro for the city LA.
LEBRON X KITH
KITH partners with LeBron James for Chapter 2 their “Long Live the King” collection. Footwear and apparel designed for royalty comprise the assortment.
AIR FOAMPOSITE ONE XX QS
The Air Foamposite One first dropped on the court in the ‘90s with basketball legend, Penny Hardaway. The sneaker’s innovative design is made by pouring synthetic liquid into a mold for a look that still astounds today. This cosmic colorway the basketball classic was first seen in 2011 as a sample the Galaxy iteration, which has not been produced until now. $230
NIKELAB X RT VICTORIOUS MINOTAURS
Fashion designer Riccardo Tisci continues his style-forward, streetwear collection with Nike, celebrating on-and-f-court basketball style through his mythical squad The Victorious Minotaurs. Ultimate comfort and game-winning attitude are packed into the very ethos the collection and its bold silhouettes including apparel, footwear and accessories. $220
"I live for sport. Open your eyes – from fashion to luxury – sportswear is everywhere. It's always been in my style." Riccardo Tisci
“In the 90s, basketball players became kind like rock stars,” he says. “But now, they are more than rock stars. They’re superhuman — representative historic mythology.” Riccardo Tisci
AIR ZOOM GENERATION
LeBron James’ debut signature shoe, the Nike Air Zoom Generation was originally released in 2003. The sneaker’s responsive cushioning, lightweight support and breathability returns in a wheat colorway. $225
Nike footwear will forever be a canvas for self-expression. The latest take on our icons introduces the idea "90/10," with a 90% completed design that leaves the final 10% to your imagination. The canvas a white-based upper allows for customization in a multitude ways to create a look that is uniquely you
SF AF1 HI $200
Air More Money $160
Vandal Hi Supreme $110
Air Force 1 Low $130