Sometimes, the line between meme and reality can find itself blurred in unexpected ways. Have you ever been faced with the possibility of putting aside that feeling of internet detachment, and genuinely grieving for the subject a meme? Evidently, a day has come to put the notion to the test. Beloved feline friend to all, Grumpy Cat, has died at the young age of seven. The cat - whose real name is "Tardar Sauce" - was eulogized by her "unimaginably heartbroken" family Tabatha Bundesen, Bryan, and Cheryl.
Announcing that Grumpy Cat had died through complications from a urinary tract infection, the family acknowledged the viral nature of her fame. "Besides being our baby and a cherished member of the family, Grumpy Cat has helped millions of people smile all around the world—even when times were tough," reads the eulogy. "Her spirit will continue to live on through her fans everywhere."
Should you be interested in brushing up on your Grumpy Cat history, be sure to check out her official website right here. In honor of the beloved internet celebrity, many have lined their Twitter pages with their favorite Grumpy Cat moments, of which there are many. Rest in peace, Tardar Sauce!
Discover Some Lesser-Known Facts About Martin Garrix On His 23rd Birthday
It’s truly hard to think that Martin Garrix, among all his accomplishments, is just 23 years old. And yet, that’s the reality we live in. Garrix was born May 14, 1996, making today his 23rd birthday!
Martin is many things, including a 3-time #1 DJ on the DJ Mag Top 100, as well as an award winner at the WDM Radio Awards, NRJ DJ Awards, MTV Europe Music Awards, and more. He’s released a number of massive hits and has a loyal, dedicated global following that hangs on his every word.
But how much do you really know about him? Super fans are sure to know everything we’re about to tell you, but for those who prefer to just listen to his music rather than delve deeper, here are 10 facts about Martin Garrix you might not know (but maybe you do).
- Garrix’s birth name is Martijn Gerard Garritsen as he is a Dutch, born in Amsterdam.
- Garrix, who had an interest in music from an early age, started playing the guitar at the age of 8.
- He expressed the first interest in becoming a DJ in 2004 after he saw Tiësto perform at the Olympic Games in Athens.
- Garrix’s first headline performance was at the age of 10 at his parents’ friends’ wedding. He also performed at several other small parties thereafter.
- Garrix graduated in 2013 from the Herman Brood Academy, a production school in Utrecht.
- Garrix’s first high-profile release was his remix of “Your Body” by Christina Aguilera. Martin’s remix was so liked by Christina she decided to put it on the deluxe edition of her album Lotus in 2012.
- Garrix’s debut TV appearance was alongside Bebe Rexha for “Scared to be Lonely” in 2017.
- Garrix has been a brand ambassador for Armani Exchange in 2017 and 2018, as well as AXE in 2018.
- Garrix released a book in 2018 called MARTIN GARRIX LIFE = CRAZY to coincide with ADE, containing photographs of his career life and personal life. The photographs featured in the book were all taken by Louis Van Baar.
- Garrix done a lot of philanthrophy, including performing an event in LA in 2016 for Fuck Cancer, as well as various shows and tours that gave proceeds to charities in India and South Africa. In February 2019, Garrix visited the SOS Children’s Village in South Africa while on tour for Ultra South Africa. During his visit, Garrix performed a one-hour DJ set to a crowd of one hundred children and young people, some aged just three years old and accompanied by their SOS mothers.
Happy birthday to Martin! Listen to his latest song “Summer Days” with Macklemore and Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy below.